Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yes, We Can !


In her contributions to the My World series, Sylvia says , "
.....Down at the Golden Gate Park at the Harbor (in Seattle) , there is a bird/duck sanctuary that I always enjoy visiting and I've been there a lot during the lovely weather we have had lately. One of the things that never ceases to amaze me is the watery reflections that make each photo look like an Impressionist painting....."

I just remembered the Nuclear Security Summit happening this week, in the other Washington ..........

(photo by Sylvia Kirkwood)






In a world,
shaky
with
flowing shadows
of terror,
floats
a bulwark
of democracy,
human values,
and freedom.





They sit,
on it,
B. Obama(USA)
and M. Singh(India),
as they
discuss,
at the Security Summit,
ways to help
those
who endeavour to
democratically
stay afloat.

Their backs
to those
that threaten,
intimidate,
and destroy,
yet
balancing exquisitely,
on those logs
powered
by
their
respective
Constitutions...

1 comment:

  1. And, of course, you know I love this one! My ducks have no idea what great thoughts they have provoked as they sit on their log!

    ReplyDelete