Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Confessions of a Flute Player


He stands playing His flute, amidst the roses, a large screen behind Him. His music , his innocence and his simplicity, make her Wordless .

(photo by Sagarika Chakraborty)





Sweet irony
as I stand
against something
that shows you the world
with a touch
of a finger
on a screen……



Life is sometimes brighter,
sometimes
the contrast in Life
as it was
and as it could be
is too much.

How much simpler to
enjoy my own
“piped”
music system
in a garden of roses;
and when my Ma,
Yashoda
wants to see the world,
I simply open my mouth……

1 comment:

  1. And when I give dreamy nights
    to those sixteen thousand and eight
    who hear the magic of my music
    and who feels the same touch on them
    every time I touch my bamboo pipe.

    ReplyDelete