Monday, June 27, 2011

Dying thoughts...

Another wonderful photo from the files of young Adityavardhan Paranjape, who is back from the Tadoba Wild Life Tiger Reserve with some great photos.

I thought this dumbstruck wild Sambhaar was trying to say something, with that very thoughtful amazed look.

(photo by Adityavardhan Paranjape)
Flitting around
nimbly
racing with my folks,
I am amazed
at times
to see these bipeds,
riding around in
four wheels,
pointing at us,
clicking,
amidst
small clouds of dust
kicked up
by a clumsy act on four wheels.



Sometimes,
the striped one appears,
leaping
through the misleading camouflage;
with a grip
around my neck
and a roar.

They ,
the powerless bipeds,
dont move,
as I take a last look
through
terminal eyes
weakened by
a spurting carotid.

They stare,
click,
look dazed,
and move away.

Another day
in my life,
at death,
in what they call,
a sanctuary.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words as always! You do capture the feeling! I love it! Hope your week is off to a great start!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete