Thursday, July 21, 2011

Precarious walks

My blogger friend Magiceye, posting in the "Thursday Challenge Series -Yellow ", clicked and posted the visual below.

Its a photograph taken from atop the Gilbert Hill in Andheri, a western suburb of Mumbai , where the residents range from luxurious seafront apartments, villas, to blue-monsoon-special-roof- tarpaulin covered huts in crowded areas. The contrast continues , in the rules, the facilities and the minds.... the only unperturbed entity being a government in the massive throes of power.....

(photo by Deepak Amembal Magiceye)

What is this
country
coming to.....

Its a circus.
And a massive mismatch.

Those who slog
and practice,
and want to fly,
live entangled amidst
concrete, tarpaulin,
and thorny
economic weeds,
doing
a tightrope walk
everyday .....

And a high flyer
like me,
free and soaring,
in touch with
the powers,
must pretend
to do
a tight pipe walk,
so it looks like
I follow the rules.......

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo -- as I do all of Deepak's photos! And, as always, you've written the perfect words! I love it!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete